Samstag, 23. August 2014

Why I left

before I forget it ...

someone asked me why I left.

duh .... honestly?

Well, not because of you. If anyone ever gets that title, it would be my mother. Parents tend to have that much power. But she is not the reason I left. It was a nice side benefit, we get along the better the bigger the distance and we both know it.

So why did I leave? Or let me put it that way .. How could anyone NOT LEAVE!

Why would I want to stay in this little place and not want to see the world?
Why would I not want to see if the gras is greener on the other side of the ocean?
Why would I not want to go for the unknown?

falconer and eagle at Stauffner Falknerei

Why honestly would I or any young person want to stay in the tiny place growing up?
Why would any young person not want to spread their wings and fly out into the world?
Because it is safe and known, yeah.

I would know exactly what makes my parents happy and what makes them throw a tantrum.
I would know exactly what my role is in that small community, how to behave and be a good neighbor. I would know exactly what makes my neighbors happy and what makes them throw a tantrum. But would I really know what makes ME HAPPY? Would I really know myself?

So yes I had to leave and I knew it already when I was very very small. I had to get out of there. I had to see for myself. I had to experience and feel and do it.

How would I know what I can do and what I can't if I never went there?
How would I know where my borders are if I've never gone beyond my comfort zone?
How would I know where to settle if I've never gone roaming?

So yes, I had to leave.

I might settle down again at a small rural place of my own choosing when I feel it serves me and it is good for me. But even then it will be on my own terms and not the box that was created for me by other people when I was born.
More likely I will never ever really settle down anywhere, because there are still sooo many places to see and things to experience and people and cultures to meet, I will run out of time and my body growing old and frail before my curiosity and hunger for the unknown will ever be fed.

before I forget it ... Do you really know who you are?


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen