Sonntag, 24. August 2014

why I read what I read

dear self,

my reading choices are being questioned (including my favorite author and how I experience her stories). So here is why I read what I read.

part of my girly library

I  read fantasy, urban fantasy, paranormal romance, romantic thrill, young adult, and rarely "normal" romance - in short I read "women's books"- and hey, if you haven't noticed, I am a woman. I am allowed to do something girly. This is one thing I can do easily and naturally, while I have real trouble with lots of girly habits. So self, let me be girly for once!


I read for entertainment, to get a short vacation from every day life. Why would I choose a vacation in heavy and troublesome? Honestly, I choose something easy, entertaining, funny and lets say unimportant, something I can forget tomorrow.

Some series I've read for years and the characters are totally familiar, my friends and my fictional family and I want to follow them further, see what they are up to, what happens in their world.

native creative - Judd is my boyfriend shirt

I like stories about survivors with happy endings, not because real life has happy endings but because life so often does not give us happy endings. If I read I want something giving me HOPE. I want it to inspire me to take another step. I like stories about people going for their dreams. I like stories about people having lived, having been hurt and then taking risks, trying again.

I don't care about the brain f*** of dead shrivelled up guys already eaten by worms, however important they might have been. It is old, past, over. I am crazy and I can think for myself, I don't need someone else's mental craziness.

Romance novels often include sex scenes, some more some less. It's part of the package, part of the road of getting to know someone. I stopped reading a series because the sex scenes were taking over the story. Also I did not read 50 shades of Greysiness, not interested, no thank you, because ...

I read books that make me feel good.

I watch movies that make me feel good.

I listen to music that makes me feel good.

and I write my truth on my blog because it makes me feel good.

If that makes me mortifyingly girly, I'll put on my big girl pants and forget it already.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen