Montag, 28. Juli 2014

Nalini Singh - story telling

before I forget it ...

Nalini Singh writes paranormal romance or urban fantasy or whatever you want to call it. Why is she my absolute favorite author?

    Nalini Singh - Shield of Winter
  • Just because!
  • But besides that, the world she created in the psy/changeling series is just soooo my world. I just want to live there as I've said before. 
  • Apart from that, she writes with so much love for her characters. Every character has a unique personality, a definite character, they are authentic and integer. What they think, feel and do just fits, they are congruent.
  • The story moves on in a big arch. Each book tells a bit more of the big story and moves it along. 
  • That world has soooo many parallels with earth at this point in time. The whole Psy way like Silence conditioning, mind orientation, money focus and efficiency is also very dominent in our world. The same is true for it not working for humanity on earth any longer either and EMOTION being the way forward. 
  • So she delivers knowledge and insights helpful for humanity right now, wrapped in a captivating story set on earth in the future. I read esoteric and spiritual books for a while until they got so dry, I couldn't get them down anymore. They got stuck in my throat because there was not real emotion in it, no water to wash it down.
  • She extracts a lot of emotion from her readers, me included. I get excited about the new book, the new hero, the new story a year ahead of it being published! I reread the books over and over because it makes me happy, her characters are my friends and I love to go for a visit.

Did I say a year ahead of publishing, damn ready to forget that!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen